New Student Information, Yoga Tips, Etiquette and Benefits
For New Students
This information is required for all who attend a Divine Center of Yoga class or event, and helps instructors focus on your well-being.
Yoga Tips and Etiquette
Yoga means "union," and it provides practical techniques for uniting mind, breath and movement. The following guidelines are fundamental to any group yoga practice.
- Respect your body's abilities and limitations.
- Yoga breathing is through your nose, in and out.
- Practice to the best of your ability. Try not to compare yourself to others.
- Notify your instructor of any restrictions you may have prior to class. Also remember to update your contact information prior to each class.
- Ask questions! Your instructor is there to help before, during, and after class.
- Practice with an empty stomach. It's best not to eat two to four hours before your practice.
- Arrive on time and stay for the entire class.
- Be respectful of other students
- Turn cellphones off
- Practice quietly
- Avoid wearing perfume to class
- We have everything you need to practice; however, feel free to bring your own mat and any helpful props to class with you.
- Have an open mind and a great time!
Benefits of Yoga
According to the American College of Sports Medicine, the benefits of Yoga encompass all aspects of life, including:
- Muscular Strength and Endurance
- Joint Flexibility
- Neuromuscular Coordination
- Ease of Movement
- Reduction of Stiffness
- Confidence and Independence
- Renewed Interest in Life
- Improved Posture and Strengthening of the Spine
- Increased Breathing Ease and Capacity
- Stimulation of Glandular Systems and Hormone Balance
- Health of all Body Systems
- Reduce Blood Pressure, Slows Heart Rate
- Increases Vital Capacity and Health of the Respiration System
- Improvement in Foot Health
- Increased Mobility
- Improved Circulation
- Improved Digestive and Elimination Systems
- More Energy and Zest of Life
- Better Weight Control
- Reduced Anxiety and Feeling of Loneliness
Back to Classes
Questions? Contact Us!